Sunday, April 18, 2010

When You Find Yourself With Nothing To Do

My boss wouldn't approve of this.

She always say: always be hungry for something to do. Never waste time. Well, maybe she would; I did find something to do, maybe something that she wouldn't want me to be working on, but hey, this doesn't really fall in the wasting your time category. Or does it?

Who cares? It's not like I'm using the company's resources anyway.

Why am I doing this? It's the oldest story out there in the cyberworld. 27 year old, slightly fat, slightly neurotic dude who had been recently dumped by his partner of five years decided to turn to blogging for that elusive meaning and purpose in life. Yep, these days, people don't go running to a church anymore when faced with a life-changing situation, they look for a wifi hotspot so they can blog. Or for the lazy ones, at least post a shoutout on Facebook.

Anyhoo, the why is never really important. Well it is, but really, no one wants to read a sob story about long distance relationships, duplicity and wasted youth, so let's get on with the what. This is a blog that would mainly be about movies-because I'm a movie buff-unless there's a TV show that I really like, or a book that makes my heart want to break out of my chest, then it's going to be about TV shows and books too. I might also blog about how awesome India.Arie's The Heart of the Matter is, especially as a break-up song, or any other song really. In certain occasions it might be about my personal life too, but don't worry I'll try my damnedest to rein those kinds of entries in. You will just have to forgive the occasional rant against my neighbors pathetic videoke voice and his frequent caterwauling; there are some things that the whole world would have to suffer with me if I am going to survive.

So yeah, really it's going to be about everything, but movies mainly.

So welcome you who don't have anything better to do. Welcome to my strange, wild and fascinating world...that is made up of a bed, a dvd player and a high stack of dvds and books. Seriously. I was gonna call this blog These Vagabond Shoes but changed my mind; people might miss out on the irony.

Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment